Friday 25 October 2013

Sharing, worth to?

From childhood, we have been taught to share everything whatever we possess with our friends, family or anyone who is in need. Although, I certainly accept this notion but one question always remained struck in my mind which is, is it really worth to share with ANYONE? Well, you might share your stationary, books, food but would you really share your thoughts, your feelings with someone?

Recently, I was at loggerheads with some of my friends about this particular theory, whether to share your feelings or not? I was the lone person standing with the idea that no, it is not worth to share your feelings or your problems and a bunch of my friends stood against me. Their idea was simple although orthodox, we have been taught to share our feeling or to share our problems with someone we want to so that our body can become clean, free from all the pessimism inside, free from suffocation. Basically they described sharing as a vent through which you can again be normal, free from irritation or trouble.

Well, I certainly liked the proponent's work and I accept it as well that yes sharing helps you to feel light but with my experience sharing only made the other person uncomfortable. It creates a sense of awkwardness that you both can't get rid off and this has happened with me not once but twice. It has been said that more than parents, friends are the one who can counsel better simply because they might be going with the same atrocities or situations but the fact is that this premise is partially correct.

Obviously, we have different kinds of people around us and sticking to the topic of sharing, there are basically three types, one who shares each and everything, every small detail of their life even how much they spent the time in washroom glancing at themselves, the next being the sharers who share only their problems or who might need counselling to get out of some beleaguered situations and the last being the reticent group who keep almost everything to themselves and don’t share a thing until it is a zombie apocalypse and they are going to be dead soon.

Certainly I belong to the last type, for which I can give a hundred reasons but would refrain here myself. Before stating, I here mean the whole type. So, the most basic reason is that I can’t cry like a small baby in front of anyone babbling my problems. You were born an individual, with your own organs and mind so, why is there a need to put your head on other’s shoulder and wait for their patting on your back and crave to listen, ‘Don’t worry dude, it’ll soon be over, everything will be fine.’ The ones who share has the only motive to listen to the golden words mentioned above and I don’t see the point here, instead you can say to yourself standing in front of the mirror. Now, the controversial question arises that why do you need help of others in deciding something? So, the answer to which is, asking someone when you are taking a different and important step forward is for the purpose to take advise and advise & sharing are two different sons of the same mother.

Well, then the next point not to share is that you might be already feeling low and you start explaining your problems to someone who might be in super awesome mood but ends up being low themselves. I experienced it thrashing their mood badly for the sake of your being comfortable. Then there are persons who would be your best friends but might be the worst listeners or solvers. One day you might decide to share with them and your friend instead of listening to you patiently ends up explaining his own shit to you and at the end you would be the same as in starting and wondering, is he really my best friend?


The point of publishing this post is the recent events which are going on and although I feel to vent out everything to someone but I can’t and fortunately or unfortunately, I have done inception on myself that I won’t share ever. Although, it feels very nice that someone values you more than others when they explain their problems, when they share.

No comments:

Post a Comment