Monday 10 March 2014

Parents!!

What I have written till now and what I usually write is usually related to Success and Motivation stuff but the reason why I actually write is my Parents! Yes, they are the only reason why I started to write and I'm glad I have done this.

Without looking any childhood pictures because they bring back the old memories, I remember a scene I guess I was 3 years old because before that I don't remember anything, so, I was sitting on my papa's laps and both were watching a cricket match. He was interested in watching the match where as I was least interested and had my full attention towards my papa who was smiling at me, making faces as I looked at him.

The reason for writing this post is because today in the morning, I asked my father to credit me some money because I was broke, AGAIN! Naturally like any other father, he asked me the reason because the last time I asked was just a week before, yet I was over with the money. A little explanation to him, and he transferred a little more than I asked without any scuffle, without any altercation over phone. Now this is the part where I feel living in Hostel sucks because that was the time when I wanted to hug my father, or smile at him. But, no I couldn't, I was refrained to only say thank you!

I desist myself from any kind of work, lied down, played songs on the phone, and remembered everything from the starting. I was nostalgic, deep into nostalgic as I remembered every small stuff, every small detail how my mother would put me over the slab and then cook dinner while I sat there placid and calmly looking at the most beautiful person, how my father would make me stand in-front of him on the scooter and when I would feel the cold breeze he would turn my face towards him. I could write a whole book of events, lively and memorable moments and events with my parents.

Last Summer, me and my brother told my parents to take us to a trip, that was awesome too though, the real trip, the real adventure are the moments which you share regularly, daily. You don't know how much precious they are until and unless you move out of the home and live in all new world. Being is hostel feels like being independent, but I still miss my home, I miss my parents, I miss my brother. The most common words which everyone says are, 'I miss Mom's cooked food', but what everyone misses is the warmth and love which radiate from her and transfers in to the food.

There are times when every child would have become hostile, when they demanded from their parents and there are times in everyone's life when they simply can't fulfill your wishes not because they don't want to, but just because they can't at that very moment. Sharing one example, I asked for a new phone, they refused, i asked again they refused, again and refused, I went home from hostel in semester break, I asked again and they refused but one night we all returned after doing dinner from outside, and what I got was a brand new phone, a surprise gift from my parents and my brother.


If any person would say I hate my parents, they have nothing done for me then possibly one should take a knife and stab the person, stab enough to die. If Parents go against you, then that is for a reason, they know better than you, if they shackle you from doing anything, understand it, just because they know what might be the consequences.

Frankly, I have shouted, I have fought a lot with them and now I regret doing everything like that because now I understand the true and real values which they have taught me over the years. Whenever any kind of quarrel occurs with my parents and unintentionally if I might have said anything, it would have been venting out my anger but for them that's hurt, hurt right at heart. I feel bad now, why-just why I argued with them so vaguely, being so naive that I caused them hurt, cause them to cry inside.

I have read somewhere and this is a fact, 'Whole world might go against you but your parents would always hold your hand', until and unless you do something remarkably unethical. What I learnt in all these years is, if your parents give you a straight no, then understand them than be aggressive, sit with them and ask the problem rather scream on top of your lungs and go out!

Even an atheist believes in his/her parents, no matter he/she doesn't believe in anything else. Respect your parents, they did more than enough for you and would continue doing more than their reach till their end. Respect their love for you, no parents hates their kids. Respect your parents for guiding you, respect your parents for giving you values, respect your parents for everything. Life is very short, very unpredictable, don't be a person who would regret later for not doing anything for his/her parents, be a person who knows how to keep his/her parents happy and satisfied. Even when they retire and you would earn, most importantly they would require your care, your support and your presence. Laugh with them, live with them, thank them and love them!

8 comments:

  1. Very good & noble thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heart touching writing. Seriously!! admiring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post..initial part truly made me nostalgic :).. n good piece of advice ahead..loved it...will always remember it.. keep writing more, your an amazing writer :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saurabh just read your post , lovely and apt thoughts. You actually evolve as you go through life and start realising at each instance why and how your parents reacted was the best for you at that time. I am so happy that you are realising this and am sure your love n admiration for them will increase year by year....personal experience.....cherish them a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Straight from the heart.. very nicely put.. god bless!

    ReplyDelete